From the moment you find out you are pregnant until your baby is born, we will be with you every step of the way.
Our prenatal patients can choose to deliver their babies at either the University of Michigan or St. Joseph Mercy hospitals. At U of M, you can use a midwife or family doctor for your prenatal care. At St. Joseph, you will work with a family doctor. If you’re not sure where to deliver or what kind of provider to use, we can help you understand your options, and make the best decision. Most of your care will be provided here at the Corner Health Center, including prenatal visits, routine prenatal testing, and most ultrasounds.
Don’t have insurance or can’t afford your co-pays? No problem. We’ll do our best to make sure your medical care is affordable. Starting your prenatal care shouldn’t be delayed because you can’t afford it. We will help you get health insurance or help figure out another financial plan.
It takes more than great medical care to get ready for a new baby.
We want you to feel as prepared as possible. Our team of nurses, social workers and nutritionists can help you take care of your mind as well as your body, and get ready for delivery as well as the joys and challenges of caring for a newborn.
Watch the Corner Health Prenatal Care Video
Sweet Pea Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
What is Sweet Pea MIHP?
The goal of MIHP is to help women have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. It provides support, education and referrals to community agencies during and after your pregnancy. MIHP is free if you are pregnant and on Medicaid. Our MIHP team consists of a nurse, nutritionist and case worker who specialize in working with pregnant young women. Your MIHP meetings take place during your regular pregnancy care visits to make it easy on you.
- Mom’s Groups
- Safe Baby Class: Learn how to safely care for your baby
- Birthing Class: Learn about the process of labor and delivery
- Baby Steps: New Parent Workshop
- Parent-child playgroup
Check out our event page for more information about these classes!
Sweet Pea MIHP provides you with:
- information about pregnancy and delivery
- counseling and support
- help in getting food and infant supplies, such as diapers
- transportation to medical appointments
- nutrition counseling
- education about breastfeeding
- help enrolling in childbirth education classes
MIHP offers Doula services, learn more here
Doula ServicesWhat is a doula?
Birth doulas are labor support persons trained to provide continuous emotional and physical support and informational during labor and delivery.
What does a doula do?
- Physical support: creates a calm environment, assists with walking or water therapy, offers soothing touch
- Emotional support: is continuously present throughout labor and delivery, offers encouragement and empathy
- Informational support: suggests labor position to improve comfort, answers questions related to pregnancy, labor, breastfeeding, newborn care, make referrals as necessary
Your doula team:
- Meets with you several times before or after your prenatal visits at the Corner to discuss your birth preferences and any concerns or fears you may have.
- For two weeks before and after your estimated due date, we are on-call 24/7 in order to support you during the birth of your baby.
- When you go into labor, one of us will meet you at the hospital and provide continuous support until your baby arrives.
- Once your baby arrives, our doulas provide support with bonding and breastfeeding while you are in the hospital.
Interested or questions?
- MIHP: Contact us today for more information!
- Primary MIHP Fax: (734) 829-0137
- Doula Care: Email or call the Corner Health Center at 734-484-3600
The Corner does a lot more than provide medical care. We also provide many services to support you through your pregnancy and beyond. These services include:
- Assistance applying for insurance for you and your baby.
- Social workers to support you as you manage your changing body, changing relationships and transition to your new role as a mother.
- Nurses who will spend lots of time getting to know you and your partner or family, and will help with anything you need during your pregnancy.
- A nutritionist who will help you figure out what to eat to help with morning sickness or sugar problems, or just to keep you and your baby healthy.
- Breastfeeding and safe sleep classes.
- Sweet Pea Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP)
- The Corner Store
- Most importantly, everyone at the Corner will get to know you, care about you and do everything they can to make sure you have a wonderful pregnancy and healthy baby. That's what it's all about, right?
Make an Appointment
Call us at 734-484-3600 or click below.